Please note that most of the students i have taught are beginner levels with the students age range from 4 years to teenagers aged 15 years , focusing mainly on Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing based on their age. My duties also included preparing mainly the teenagers for Cambridge examinations and IELTS as well , help them build confidence when speaking as most of them are very shy to talk in English .
I used the English textbooks that were followed by School such as Family & Friends , Lets Go (Series 1-6) , Solutions textbooks for teenagers. I am also familiar with books such as Fingerprints, Everybody Up,Superkids,My little island , Oxford Discovery etc.
Just to give you a peek at my teaching style to manage a class which is 90 minutes I follow the plan below:
1. Start with a warm up song or game
2. Have a short English teacher-student conversation
3.Review old lesson and introduce and teach the new lesson
4. Prepare activities/games related to the lesson and have students participate actively with rewards
5. Review the lesson of the day and end the class with goodbye song
One sample lesson for your reference, the topic was about food and different types of food, i used gif images in powerpoint to talk to them about it and i asked them questions below to encourage them to have a short conversation with me and reward them with stickers or candy
- Whats your favourite food?
- What do you like to eat for breakfast/lunch/dinner
- Do you like pizza or hamburger
- Tell me about some thing you dont like to eat, and why?
I am a upbeat, confident and fun teacher and i can start immediately, my skype id is manishhbhatiaa should you wish to interview me on skype and my phone number is +84374817201